Book a chimney cleaning appointment today.
Call us today on 081 390 3814 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your chimney cleaning. We service the whole of Gauteng, Including Johannesburg, Randburg, Sandton, Roodepoort, Midrand, Centurion and Pretoria.
When was the last time that you got your chimney cleaned? If it was more than a year ago, it is definitely time to call in the professionals. Moreover, if you have been experiencing any problems with your chimney, a good clean is in order. And, if you are planning on using your chimney again after a period of disuse, it is vital to have it cleaned first. In short, chimney cleaning:
- Ensures that your chimney works as efficiently as possible.
- Protects your health.
- Protects your home against soot damage.
- Protects against chimney fires.
We are always happy to hear from clients, both old and new. So, get in touch with us whenever you need to so that we can get to work on your chimney right away.
Why is chimney cleaning so important?
Numerous problems can result from a chimney that is not kept clean. These include:
- Flammable particles of soot and other debris that can cause chimney fires.
- Soot and dirt building up before falling down the chimney all over your carpets and floors.
- Birds nests, leaves and stones blocking the chimney.
- Chimneys becoming so blocked that smoke has nowhere to go and so billows back into your house instead.
- Inefficient disposal of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and other dangerous gases that are perilous to human health and (in severe cases) to human life.
These are just a handful of the problems that you can encounter if you do not keep your chimneys clean.
How often should chimney cleaning be performed?
You should get your chimneys cleaned at least annually. If you notice any issues with your chimneys in the interim period, for instance:
- Soot blackening the carpets around the chimney.
- Smoke filling the front room instead of escaping up the chimney.
- Trouble lighting your fire.
... it is likely that your chimney needs an extra clean. If you notice a fire in your chimney, it is vital to alert emergency services immediately and then to have the chimney thoroughly cleaned once the fire has been put out. In addition, if your chimney has gone through a long period of disuse (more than a few months), it is essential to have it professionally cleaned. This is because plant matter can build up in chimneys when they are not in use, and birds often see chimney pots as an attractive site for a nest.
Why is it so important to have your chimney cleaning done by a professional?
Chimney cleaning requires professional tools, skills and experience. It is also a messy and difficult job that can lead to a big cleanup operation if you attempt to do it yourself. Professional chimney cleaners, on the other hand, will fully protect your home furnishings, and will get the job done efficiently and effectively using state of the art tools.